The Journey

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Well, as most of you know and many blogs have already noted, it is "Idol" season again. Being a musician and avid "Idol" fan, I thought I would give my humble opinion. First of all, what is with Randy Jackson this year? Yeah, he is "successful" in the music industry, but the "dawg" can't sing a lick and he is really dogging a lot of contestants. I am not saying that he is correct in his evaluation, but get a hold of yourself. It's not like he's ever gotten any recognition as a singer! Now that I am done with that rant, I can move on.
This year, as always, the contestants have started off rough. None of the guys really wowed me last night, but here is who I like so far. I really like Blake (the blond beat box guy). He has a really great voice and just seems to have the star quality about him. Then it is Chris (the shaggy hair Chris). He is hilarious and fun and can really sing. I think I would be his friend if I knew him. Finally, I really like Sundance Head. Just because of his name. He really screwed up last night....again, but if he can get that soulful bluesy thing he had in his audition, he will rock America. Anywho, I guess that is my thoughts on the "Idol" so far this season.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger margaret said…

    Is Chris the one who said (in his audition) that he wanted to make David Hasslehoff cry? He is totally my fave, I think because I love his sense of humor!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree- I like the beat box guy... but I have to say the girls totally blew the guys out of the water this week! WOW!
    -Steph Sorbel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home