The Journey

Friday, January 05, 2007

In other Torkelson news, we have been super busy with our families over the holidays and loved it. We got to see my sister's boys who are 3 1/2 and 3 months and are both adorable. We also got to spend some quality time with the rest of my family who really take care of us when we visit. Then we had Mesha's immediate family over to our house for Christmas day. It was a ton of fun to have everyone to our "new" place and have some see it for the first time. I know we are a little late with that whole thing since we have been there for like six months now, but it was great to finally have everyone there. Finally, we got to spend a couple of days with Mesha's extended family in Brainerd, which is always very relaxing!
We are both lementing the return to the grind. I start school again this next week and we both are finding ourselves really worn out by all the fun we have had the past two weeks. I am 30 now, so I suppose I can't go as hard as I used too, but I am still going to try because I figure the younger I act the younger I am, right?
The final update is that both Mesha and I have been desiring a puppy lately. There are some pretty big obstacles to this happening though. First, we can't have one over 20 pounds because of our association. Second and maybe more importantly, some of Mesha's family is allergic to dogs and can only be somewhere with dogs for a short period of time.
We have been trying to figure out if this would be a major problem or not, since we don't have them over a ton???? Also, don't want to be insensitive to those family members though. Finally, ideally said puppy would be adopted for cheap or given to us for free!!! Any thoughts on the puppy thing??? (I know what you think Chris, so you probably don't need to comment!!!!)
I hope I do this more in the new year, so check back and if you really want to here from me, let me know. I usually will update if I know people actually want to read it.
Blessings on your new year!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and I say No to a dog! Only because, I am not a fan of dogs, but realize that others LOVE their dogs and they are apart of the family. So if you get a dog, I will accept and welcome him/her as a part of your family!! Please don't name it a humans name though! (For example= Kristie or Justin.) No offense to those who have done it! :)

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And when have I been known to keep my mouth shut?

    I love everyone else's dog. I just don't want one. It does limit you to making sure you get home in time to 'let the dog out' and if your not home a lot, then that hard on the dog to.

    Brianna's been asking for a dog, I just say no, and I don't feel any pain about it. I estimate my last dog cost us around 10k in repairs on two homes. At this point in my life I say I will not get a dog. I want to say never, but know when ever you say never it happens. (p.s. I still have damage from the dog that I haven't fixed)

    Good luck on the dog thing...just don't ask me to keep it.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger John Torkelson said…

    Yeah, but you didn't tell the whole story Chris. Your dog was on anti-psychotics!!! Your dog was crazy! I am not going to get a beagle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home