The Journey

Friday, May 05, 2006

Aaaah, finally, some time to write!

Mesha and I had a pretty crazy, but fun time last weekend. We had a suprise b-day party for a friend here in Monticello friday night. I learned how to play texas hold em ( I know, I a little behind the game...no pun intended) and actually took the birthday boy out of the game. ( I have to admit that he probably wasn't playing his best at that moment because the presents appeared. Also, I would like to note that we weren't playing for money. No gambling for this guy!!! Anywho, we then had a wedding and a concert on Saturday. The wedding was definitely interesting, seeing as the entire family of the groom seemed to know and love my wife. (She went to the groom's brother's wedding as the groom's date!) Anyway, after the wedding we hit Ikea, of course, had a quick bite to eat and headed for the concert. We were going to see Shawn McDonald, an artist I have fallen in love with lately, but we were in for a pleasant surprise. Dave Barnes, the guy opening for Shawn, stole the show. Shawn was okay, but Dave blew me away. He was hilarious and extremely talented. He has sort of a bluesy, funk and a little soul in his repitour, which just sent me into musical bliss. Check him out if you get a chance. The weekend finished out with its normal busy Sunday schedule.
Other things of special note are getting the office furniture for our new offices and finally moving into the offices officially. Michael and I went to the Cities, yesterday, to get our new furniture. After packing and repacking the Quarry trailer a few times, we finally got it all in and were on our way. Unpacking went much more smoothly minus the dropped desk top (which turned out to be a-okay!). We won't say who was responsible for that! Anywho, it is exciting times around the Quarry office. I hope all is well with everyone in Blogland!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home