The Journey

Monday, March 27, 2006

Well, I preached (doesn't it seem like there should be a word like proch) yesterday and it seem to go very well. I have had a lot of positive comments and good affirmations. I got a little nervous at first, but then I just settled into what I love to do. Talk to people. It was really, pretty incredible actually. Not my message, but how it felt to depend on God and really seek to speak in a way that was honoring to him. I felt closer to God this week! Over all it was a really great experience and I get to do it again at the end of April!
The other major thing in the Torkelson's life is looking into buying a house some day. We have been looking around to see what's out there, but this just seems to be a kind of scary, exciting thing. I mean, from our perspective this is an enormous decision and we are a little freaked to say the least. Anyway, we have had fun dreaming and looking, but every time we sort of talk seriously about a house, we don't know how people ever afford to go through with it. Pray that we would have wisdom and patience. Pray that God would give us peace with our decision when the time and place are right. We really do seek to honor God even with this decision in our lives. See, we really want a house that we can invite people into and love on them. This is a ministry house of sorts. Not bad investment, either, but we want a place to do good ministry. Anywho, thanks for all the encouragement yesterday and we pray that you are all well and are all taking your baby steps. We are trying to!!!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Life is funny!! You do feel as if you have taken baby steps when you look backwards, but looking forward it seems as if the steps are so huge, you can hardly reach them! Best wishes on finding a home. With God on your side, you can't go wrong! Take that huge step of faith and God will provide!

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger margaret said…

    You did an awesome job on Sunday!

    When looking for houses, remember that there are lots in Maple Lake to choose from! :)

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Chris Good said…

    Buying a house was by far the most scary thing I did, well back then...now its these scary kids.

    It was the right thing to do, I still believe it. I let everyone I know who is renting to seriously think about purchasing a house. Many times the expense is not that much different when you think about the yearly rent raising and things like that.

    As far as your message, yes you did great, look forward to your next time preaching. For those of you reading this blog...go download it a www.quarrychurch.org/messages

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger John Torkelson said…

    Thank you Chris! Your are a great "older brother." Oh yeah, you are only six months older! Oh, well, I think I'll hold on to that for a while because I am feeling my age. It's nice to have someone close to me that I know is older!

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Miss Kelly said…

    John,
    I really appreciated your message on Sunday and I am really glad JOJO and JJ were able to hear it too! Way to go!

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger margaret said…

    This is unrelated to your post.... but will you tell Mesha thanks again for the free book sign up sheets? I mailed them out and we are excited to start getting our books! Your wife is #1!!!!

     
  • At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    John, oh how wonderful it is to read updates on how you are doing! You are dearly missed and thought of so very often! We will definitely keep you in our prayers, a house is such a big decision (one that we are also contemplating). Lots of love to you both.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home