The Journey

Thursday, March 23, 2006

You know when everyone around you starts talking about something, so you start thinking about how that relates to you, but then you don't say anything because you don't want to be a copy cat. Well, I am going to say something at the risk of being a copy cat. I have said this often, but I don't think I can say often enough. I am incredibly blessed to have my wife Mesha. I have had a couple of hard weeks of ministry and school lately and through it all my wife has blessed me richly. It is only this week and maybe this moment that I realized what a blessing she has been. See, every time I have a hard week or two coming, I warn her that I will be busy. This is my way of saying, "I love you dearly, but leave me alone." The last two weeks she has done anything, but leave me alone. She talked to me when I was trying to study and wore me down until I would commit a night each week to just being with her. Until now, I saw this as unsupportive and bothersome, but I realized something today. It is all in how you look at things. Some men would give everything they had to get that kind of attention from their wives. Some men have lost their wives because of the very attitude I have had in my busy times this past year and a half. My wife, however, has continued to be interested in me and love me. She has chosen to adapt to the situation and still get what she needs from me. She has chosen to serve me by letting her needs be known clearly. I think I finally get it. She loves me too much to just go away when I am busy. For that I thank you Mesha. Like the other men, who have recently blogged about their wives, I just want to say that I don't deserve what I have been given in terms of a wife. Mesha is a living, walking, breathing symbol of God's incredible love and grace in my life. May you all recognize the blessings in your life. If that blessing is a person...let them know!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Bradley M said…

    Dude, great posting. I envy the companionship you have, it sounds unparallel.
    Peace

     

Post a Comment

<< Home