The Journey

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Our Missions trip was awe inspiring!

I have only been on one missions trip in my life until last week. It was a habitat for humanity trip when I was a junior in college and it was pretty amazing. We went to New Orleans to build houses for poor families in the area. We experienced a lot and developed friendships that lasted through the years. However, nothing could have prepared me to experience a mission trip with my students from church. To see God move and work in huge ways in such a short period of time is really quite awe inspiring. The last night as we went around the table and all my students including the tough guys choked up as they spoke about their experience was so encouraging as a pastor. I was crying like a baby! God is good all the time, but this last week, my blinders were removed for a brief moment and more of the splendor of our awesome God was revealed. I will not be the same because of it!
I will try to tell some of the cool stories over the next week and maybe get some pictures up. Pray for the Sr. High students at the Quarry that they will not walk away from what God has done and taught this past week. Pray that they would continue to seek Him earnestly even within the struggle of their daily lives!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home