The Journey

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Recently, I have been really investigating the gifts God has given me. I have been thinking through my heart's passions and looking at my strengths as expressed through the Strengths Finder evaluation. I made two pretty exciting steps today towards using my gifts in a way that furthers the kingdom and makes me really excited. First, I asked my senior pastor if I could preach sometime this next year. I had been asked before to preach, but gave the excuse of not having time. It was pointed out to me last night by my lovely wife that I was really just making an excuse because I was scared. She was totally right and I was totally exposed, so what else could I do. I gave in and now I am going to preach! The other thing that I got myself into today was a new youth pastor coaching gig. The Baptist General Conference, which our church is associated with, is starting a new program for mentoring younger youth pastors. I wasn't sure I qualified because I have only been in full time ministry for 5 or 6 years. However, the leaders for the metro area have decided that, for now anyways, my gifts and passions are enough to qualify me to be a part of the program. In addition, I am one of two yp's that are on a team to welcome new yp's to the area and get them connected to the network. I am so excited to be moving into areas that God has gifted me! Try it for yourself, it is sweet.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    way to go baby

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, look, I left a comment.... now you have TWO comments! Now you hafta check my blog out. http://myspace.com/39666411 (thats my profile part) then you go to the top right.... I talk about bologna. Click veiw all blogs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home