The Journey

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It has been a crazy week....


I feel like I am saying that every week, but this was truly a crazy week. Crisis with some students, homework, homework, homework, and a sinus infection on top of it all. I am glad it is a new week. New weeks mean you get a fresh start, a new chance to do better this week. It is a pretty refreshing way to look at things.
One quick story from last week before I go. We had a small group night with our middle schoolers last week, which basically means small groups just hang out for the night. This last week we decided to group all the guys and all the girls for small group night. Jesse and I took the guys to Fred Cox's house (former record holding kicker of the Vikings) to play video games on the big screen and eat junk food. One of our seventh graders had the best quote of the night. He turned to me after taking it all in and said, "If God and Jesus were here, this would definitely be heaven." If that is a resounding affirmation of our choice of activity for the night, I don't know what would be! Thanks Taylor for making my night!

P.S. Mesha started her new job today. Only eight hours of work for her today. I think she will be shocked at how fast it goes!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Bradley M said…

    So did you turn to your seventh grader and say "Actually god is here right now with us?"

    That would have been a great opportunity to blast absentee christology.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger John Torkelson said…

    Give him and me a break....He's in seventh Grade!!!!

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Chris Good said…

    That's so cool that you guys had a good night. To the comment above...Jesus said let the children come to me. I think he gets it. That's all that matters.

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Chris Good said…

    Brianna saw your site and saw your picture and says Hi Uncle John. I want to see Uncle John again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home