The Journey

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I think God likes to keep us guessing....



I am not complaining at all this morning, but God really does keep things moving. At least, that is my experience. First, Mesha has been at her job for one week and loves it. She called yesterday to say that they are talking a strike and will vote in a couple of weeks. My father's union threatened to strike almost every other year and I think he only went on strike once in 35 or 36 years of teaching, so neither of us is real worried. However, we do find the whole situation a little ironic. In addition to this, I complained a little last week that life was crazy, but this week I have to move my office to the new office that isn't done, start a major paper, plan and go on a high school retreat, figure out a traditional black church that I can attend and then all the regular chores a week brings me! Yet, I really don't feel stressed this morning. In fact, I feel like laughing at myself and the attitude I had last week about life. All the stuff I have is important and it will take its toll, but ultimately my life is blessed beyond belief and I can't help seeing that this morning. Thank you Holy Spirit for your work in my heart and attitude this morning. Thank you for opening my eyes to the blessings and the incredible life that God has given me.
If you get a chance pray that Mesha doesn't go on strike. Again, we aren't really worried because we know God will carry us through, but it would be nice if she got to work all spring. Thanks and let me know if there is anything we can pray for you about.

P.S. Mary Beth thank you so much for the encouragement this morning. I truly believe your prayers are what precipitated this little uplift of the spirit!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Joe Blow said…

    John -
    Thanks for words of encouragement. I appreciate knowing that God was watching over you and Mesha with your medical bills. Take care!

    - Marty

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Joe Blow said…

    John,
    I wanted to tell you that Mary Beth and I will to visiting at Trout Lake this weekend. That's cool that you have your retreat this weekend. I will pray for all the things you have going on right now.

    - Marty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home