The Journey

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

To be known and thought of feels good. I don't really know why, but it feels good to know that someone that you haven't seen or talked to in a while is still interested in your life and is thinking about you. I have had two such occassions this Christmas season. First, a couple of days ago, a girl from high school sent a Christmas letter explaining that she had missed me at our ten year reunion, so she was just dropping a line to see how things were with me. It was pretty awesome. She is married and had become a growing Christian in the time since we had last talked. We caught up on the basics and were excited about each others faiths stories and that was that. Yet, it felt good, first of all, that someone I once knew had entered the Kingdom, and secondly, that someone from my past cared enough to be interested in me now. The second incident occurred just this morning. My wife and I were preparing to go to my parents for Christmas this morning when a package came. It was a beautiful crystal bowl with a note attached. As we read, we realized it was from my best friend's parents. They sent a note explaining that they knew we were in ministry and that my wife had just started a nursing job. My best friends mom explained how she sympathized with Mesha because she had been a new nurse once too. Then they simply said they wanted us to know they thought of us and prayed for us. It was so great to know someone, who you didn't know cared so much, is out there praying and thinking of you. What a wonderful blessing we had this morning. Thanks Mrs. Lind!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Hey John - where did you go?... Hope that you and Mesha had a wonderful New Year's Eve! Miss ya guys!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home